|Entry Dates||2021-01-30T20:00:00 - 2020-12-10T08:00:00 3 Days Left|
The Breath and The Clay 2021 Live/Virtual Art Gallery
with juror Ty Nathan Clark
The Breath and the Clay is an event and community dedicated to the exploration of art, faith and culture. Each year the art gallery is an open, non-themed, international call to any artists interested and the artwork on view is selected by a guest juror.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are hosting The Breath & The Clay 2021 as an interactive, virtual experience with a limited number of “Live Broadcast” Tickets for those who wish to attend the event in person. (We will follow safe protocols with social distancing measures in place.) Should COVID restrictions be removed by the dates of our event, we will offer additional ticket options to attend live.
If restrictions inhibit us from public gatherings, all tickets will transfer to the virtual option. No refunds will be given.
In light of these restictions the art gallery this year will primarily be a virtual experience. Artists selected by our juror to present their work in the gallery will have their work presented virtually and have the option of dropping off or shipping their work to the live event to be displayed in a physical exhibition. The physical exhibition will be seen by the guests attending, as well as, being featured as a part of the programing of the virtual conference, including selected artist interviews and selected works being used as part of the background/stage design for the live/virtual conference.
The virtual gallery will be promoted through The Breath and The Clay's website, social media platforms, and selected artist will be chosen as featured artists through The Breath and The Clays social media content.
Artists may submit up to 3 works of art per $25 entry fee. Artists desiring to have their work present at the conference must either drop their work off at the conference site, or ship their work to the venue. Shipping your work requires a prepaid return label. Participating artists attending the onsite portion of the conference must have a conference ticket.
Please see the additional guidelines below:
- Selected artists will receive a free virtual attendance pass or a 20% off General Admission registration code to attend the live broadcast (contingent on availability and COVID restrictions.) *If a selected artist has purchased event tickets prior to notification of acceptance into the gallery, reimbursements will not be given. *Selected artists are not required to attend the event.
- The Breath & The Clay receives a 10% commission of all gallery sales or sales administered via our online gallery shop.
- Selected artists are responsible for shipping works to and from the event site.
- All submitted works must be original works of the artist and created within the past three years.
- Works included in previous The Breath & The Clay events will not be considered for repeat showing.
- Deadline for submissions is January 30th 2021.
- Selected artists will be notified of acceptance no later than February 8th, 2021.
- Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
About the juror:
Ty Nathan Clark:
Ty Nathan Clark is an artist working in a variety of media. His work is a representation of his memories, thoughts, prayers and dreams that he has compiled on his journeys, through his friends stories and his own writings.
Ty was named one of ten contemporary artists in Austin to watch in 2017 and 2019 by Culture Trip. An artist, writer, designer, activist, and filmmaker, Ty has shown his work in 15 states across the United States and is currently in an artist cohort through The Brehm Center in Pasadena, CA led by his mentor, renown abstract artist Makoto Fujimura. In 2019, his Award Winning film Jump Shot (Producer) was an official selection for SXSW Film Festival, Dallas International Film Festival, Hill Country Film Festival (Audience Award), Detroit Free Press Film Festival and Dead Center Film Festival (Grand Jury Award for Best Feature Documentary 2019). Golden State Warriors star Steph Curry is the Executive Producer of the film.
User Entry Process Tutorial