|Entry Dates||2024-01-18T17:00:00+00:00 - 2023-11-09T09:00:00+00:00 51 Days Left|
Our American Soul
National Juried Exhibition
February 27-March 29, 2024
Gallery Underground2100 Crystal Drive, Arlington, VA 22202
Juried by Robert (Bobby) Yi$500 in cash prizes will be awarded
Artists are asked to submit works depicting their interpretation of "Our American Soul." What makes us American? What gives our country its 'soul?' When the words are combined, does it evoke a person, a place, a feeling, or all the above? How does your artwork showcase the essence of "Our American Soul?"This call is open to all artists residing in the United States, and is applicable for all mediums, including any form of 2D or 3D work.
REQUIREMENTS:All media accepted. Entry Fee: $40 for up to 2 digital images - JPG or PNG formats only (minimum 960 pixels on the longest side)
Entry Deadline: Thursday, January 18, 2024, by or before 5 pm EDTNotifications to artists: By January 26, 2024Receiving: Saturday, February 24, 2024, 10 am-12 pm EDTExhibit opens: Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 10 am EDTReception & Awards Ceremony: Friday, March 1, 2024, 5 pm-7 pm EDTExhibition closes: Friday, March 29, 2024, 6 pm EDTPickup of work: Saturday, March 30, 2024, 10 am-12 pm EDT
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. A maximum of two entries per artist is permitted ($40 for up to two). Entry fee of $40 is not refundable for any reason. One image (jpg or png) per submission except for 3D artwork, for which two views of the work is permitted (3D artists should email the gallery if an additional detail image is desired).
2. Any work previously accepted into an Arlington Artists Alliance juried show will not be accepted.
3. All works must be original, entirely the work of the artist and not based on or incorporating copyrighted work by another artist or photographer unless the artist has obtained permission to use copyrighted work. This also applies to computer-generated and digital work.
4. No giclees prints, or other reproductions except photography and hand-pulled works will be accepted.
5. Two-dimensional work may not exceed 60 inches high and 48 inches wide nor weigh more than 50 pounds. 3D work may not exceed 6 feet on its longest side and must weigh less than 75 pounds.
6. By entering artwork(s) in this show, artist agrees that these works are currently available - not in any other show, on any online or other sales venues or otherwise unavailable to deliver to show if accepted. Artist agrees that any accepted work will be available to deliver by deadline specified and will be removed from any online sales venue until close of the show.
7. Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work, alter a work, change the sales price, or withdraw or remove a work after it has been accepted.
8. All work must be for sale and priced at $100 and up. No work accepted and hung in the show may be removed by the artist until close of the show. Work is considered consigned to Gallery Underground, who will be the exclusive seller of the work for the duration of the show.
9. All two-dimensional works on paper must be matted under glass or Plexiglas.
10. Photographs printed on stretched canvas will not be accepted. Photographs framed under glass or Plexiglas must be matted. Photos mounted on metal and photos under glass without a frame are acceptable and do not need a mat, as long as the backs are wired for hanging. Photographs should be signed, either on the mat or on the photo. Please email curators if you have any other method of displaying photography.
11. Works on gallery-wrapped canvas must have sides painted with no staples showing.
12. All work must be ready for presentation with the appropriate framing and hanging wire. Framing standards will be sent upon acceptance of your work. Work not meeting these framing standards will not be hung.
13. Gallery Underground reserves the right to refuse any entry which does not match the images submitted or meet the criteria enumerated here. $40 entry fee is not refundable in the event work is rejected.
Artworks will be delivered between 10 am-12 pm EDT Saturday, February 24, 2024. Work may be shipped/delivered prior to February 24, 2024. Our hours are 10 am-6 pm EDT Monday–Friday. Any work not received by 12 pm EDT Saturday, February 24, 2024, will not be hung. Any work not picked up within 30 days after Saturday, March 30, 20204 (pickup date) will become the property of Gallery Underground.
Notification of accepted or unaccepted work will be via email as early as possible after deadline, and no later than 5pm EDT on Friday, January 26, 2024. Sales will be promoted. Gallery Underground will retain a 30% commission on all sales (20% for current Arlington Artists Alliance members).
Gallery Underground reserves the right to use entry photographs for purposes of publicity, documentation, and promotion.
Submission of entry constitutes an agreement on the part of the artist to comply with all of the conditions and terms contained in this prospectus. No work accepted into this agreement may be withdrawn prior to the close of the exhibition. All decisions of the Juror are final. No refunds will be granted for noncompliance with this agreement.
ABOUT THE JUROR:
Robert (Bobby) Yi was born in Seoul, South Korea, and immigrated to the United States at the age of four. He received his MFA from American University, graduated from the University of Virginia with a BA in Foreign Affairs and the Corcoran College of Art & Design with a BFA. He received a residency to the New York Studio Residency Program and the Glogauair Artist in Residence program in Berlin, Germany. Robert has exhibited in group shows at the Corcoran Gallery of Art and the Civilian Art Projects in Washington, DC, Accademia di Belle Arti di Brera in Milan, Italy, AICAD NYSRP in New York City, and at the Metropolitan Art Project in the City of Fairfax, VA.
Robert has also served on numerous juries including the Touchstone Gallery, Torpedo Factory, Bethesda Painting Awards, Bethesda Fine Arts Festival, Congressional Art Competition, Scholastic Art Competition, MFA, Vienna Art Society, and Fairfax Art League.
Robert has served as the Director for Corcoran Continuing Education and Corcoran Pre-College Programs at George Washington University and at the Corcoran College of Art and Design. At Mason, Robert currently serves as the Assistant Director, Senior Graduate and Undergraduate Academic Advisor, and Interim Director of Painting and Drawing at George Mason University’s School of Art in Fairfax, VA.
Curators: Jessica Mickey and Anna Nazaretz Radjou
If you have entered a previous show on the ArtCall.org site, click on the "login" button, above, to log in to your account and you will be taken to the page that says "update user profile for this call" - check that your phone number is correct and then pay the $40 fee. Boxes will then pop up saying "Payment successful, a payment receipt was emailed to you" and "Registration successful, a confirmation was emailed to you. You may now submit your submissions." You will then be able to click on the orange "+ add new submissions" button and upload your images. Be sure to check your spam folder for the confirmation emails. Before logging in, please scroll down to read full show prospectus, terms, and conditions.
If this is your first time entering a show using this site, please view the tutorial at the very bottom of this page. Click on the "start" button to start the video and then click on the "full screen" square icon in the lower right corner to enlarge the video. Per the video, you will be clicking on the "register" button, above, you will fill out your info to register and pay the $40 fee, and then you will be taken to a page where you may submit up to two images.
First time using this site? View the tutorial, below: Click on the "start" button to start the video and then click on the "full screen" square icon in the lower right corner to enlarge the video.