|Entry Dates||2022-06-25T18:00:00 - 2022-02-26T07:00:00 31 Days Left|
OFF ON: Electric Art
Kingfisher Art Co.
AN ELECTRIC ARTS SHOW
A juried exhibition featuring artwork that requires some form of electricity.
RUSSELL COOK, Juror
$15 for 3 entries
Submissions Open: February 28, 2022, at noon
Submission Deadline: June 25, 2022, at 5 p.m.
Exhibition: August 6- September 10, 2022
RUSSELL COOK: Russell Cook is a multi-disciplinary artist with broad ranging interests. Though trained as a painter, his creative work includes drawing and painting, collage, sculpture, kinetic art, musical composition and performance, art criticism, and collaborations in film and theater. He is currently Assistant Professor of Art at Georgia Highlands College.
Kingfisher Art Co. opened in downtown Rome, GA in November of 2021. It is the premier Art Gallery in Rome, GA and has featured artwork from across the globe in several of its rotating exhibits. It also has a section dedicated to local artists, and offers classes, event rentals, and hosts performances regularly in a listening room environment.
Artists 18 years and older working in the visual arts field living in the southeastern USA. The South Eastern US area includes the following states: North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, and Florida.
Original artworks in any visual media may be entered, as long as it requires electricity. No reproductions, and no works shown in the Atlanta area within the last year. No multi-piece works, such as diptychs, triptychs or grids. This includes 2d and 3d works. Sculptures must be one piece.
Wall works should not exceed 11’ in any direction (this includes framing). Sculptural works should not exceed 4’ x 8’ x 8’ and no more than 100 lbs.
Submit your artwork online, using the ArtCall.org system. If you do not already have a profile on ArtCall.org, you can register to create a free account. The Kingfisher Art Co. requires non-refundable fee of $15 at the time of entry, payable online by credit card. This includes entry for up to three (3) works of art. Kingfisher Art Co. will not accept in-person submissions. Register on this site (see link on upper right for first time users).
This exhibit includes a number of awards, including cash, a future exhibition and honorable mentions.
Sales & Reproductions
Works may be for sale or not for sale. The exhibiting artist will receive 50% of the sales price for work that is sold. The Kingfisher Art Co. reserves the right to photograph and reproduce any artwork for promotional purposes. The copyright remains with the artist.
Insurance and Liability
Works accepted into the OFF ON: Electric Arts show will be insured while in the gallery, from arrival to designated pick up time. Insurance values must be reasonable. Any questionable numbers will require an appraisal.
Delivery and Pick up
Deliver works selected for the OFF ON: Electric Arts show to Kingfisher Art Co. during these times:
Saturday, July 30, 2022; 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, July 31, 2022; 1:00 p.m. -- 3:00 p.m.
Monday, August 1, 2022; 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
On delivery, any work found to be altered, incorrectly presented, or that significantly differs from entry image will not be accepted.
Artworks must be picked up during these times:
Saturday, September 10, 2022; 8pm-9pm following closing reception
Sunday, September 11 2022; noon-1pm
Wednesday, September 15, 2022; 5pm-8pm
The dates for delivery and pick up are firm. Artworks left after the pickup dates will not be insured and are subject to disposal.
All works must be finished works of art ready for installation as follows:
ALL WORKS MUST REQUIRE BATTERIES OR AN OUTLET. WORKS THAT REQUIRE BATTERIES SHOULD CONTAIN EXTRA REPLACEMENT BATTERIES, TAPED TO THE WORK OR LABELED AND LEFT WITH THE GALLERY.
1. Works on paper must be mounted and secured in professional frames under glass or plexi-glass and ready for installation. Please no plastic frames or clip style frames. Collage elements must be secured or protected behind glass.
2. Paintings or photographs on canvas need to have a finished edge whether clean, painted or with wood stripping. Paintings or photographs on canvas boards need to be framed. Work should be dry and fixed. No wet paint.
3. All 2D artworks must have a hanging device, either d-rings or screw eyes with braided picture wire securely wrapped. Works under 14” in any and all directions may use saw tooth hangers.
4. Video works should not exceed 5 minutes in length and should be a .mov or a .mp4 file.
5. Wall hanging fabric works will need to include a hanging device, such as a casing sewn with a dowel or rod included.
6. Photographs mounted on plexi and aluminum are fine as long as the hanging device is incorporated in a professional manner.
7. Extremely fragile works will not be eligible due to the need for special handling.
8. Sculptural work and freestanding pieces must be in one piece and installation ready. Artists may be called to assist with installation if necessary.
9. The Kingfisher Art Co. reserves the right to present artworks in a controlled access area, or to deny exhibition, of any work that may not be appropriate for all audiences.
10. Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work, alter a work, or withdraw or remove a work after it has been accepted. Photographers must submit finished artworks at the size listed in submission entry.
Saturday, June 25, 2022 Submissions close at 5 p.m.
Saturday, July 2, 2022 Notification: All notifications of either acceptance or non-acceptance by email.
Saturday-Sunday, July 30-31, Deliver works selected for the OFF ON: Electric Arts show.
Saturday, August 6, 2022 OFF ON opens: OPENING RECEPTION
Saturday, September 10, 2022 OFF ON closes. Last day to see the show, with a closing reception 4pm-6pm, and artists may un-install art and take home, following the closing reception.
Sunday, September 11, 2022 Pick up works included in the OFF ON Electric Art show: 12pm-1pm.