|Entry Dates||2023-12-27T23:59:00+00:00 - 2023-10-26T06:00:00+00:00 29 Days Left|
'Mile High Moments' 4th Annual Juried Quad City Art Competition
Open to members of Mountain Artists Guild and non-members in the local area around Prescott, AZ (Quad Cities); an online and in-gallery show.
NOTE: You MUST enter your art submissions online on at: Mile High Moments
Members are required to volunteer 8 hours during the show period or use the optional "buy out" feature at check out.
Ideas for the theme or share your interpretation of Prescott Area Mile High Moments!
Prescott, city, seat (1864) of Yavapai county, west-central Arizona, U.S. It is situated in a mile-high basin among pine-dotted mountains, in an area that is rich in minerals. Gold mining brought the first settlers to the site (1863); farmers and cattlemen followed.
Early settlers of Arizona did not take for granted the structures of their western European culture, but aggressively built in the wilderness institutions based on liberal ideals.
Despite the constant threat of Indian depredation and the inconvenience incurred in obtaining food, clothing and luxuries, the cultural climate of Prescott was ‘mile high.’” (Kitty Joe Parker Nelson & Charles Franklin Parker, “The Founding of Prescott,” Ariz. Highways, April 1964, pp. 2-11)
For more information on the mile high city of Prescott, Arizona click here
Juror for this show is G. Eric Slayton: “My art is just what it is . . . a representation of what I see combined with how I feel about the subject at that given moment . . . “Painting should be more than a portrait of the subject matter...it must evoke an emotion that connects with the artists’ heart, only then can it touch the viewer.”
Online Application Deadline: Start anytime and up until 8PM on Tuesday, December 27, 2023
Show Dates: January 10 through February 24, 2024
Gallery In-take January 7 & 8, 2024Upon acceptance, you will receive an email with a link to make an appointment time. Artwork must be delivered in person - no shipping permitted. If you cannot deliver in person at intake, please make arrangements with our Gallery Manager.
Entry Fees - up to 5 submissions per artist - Pay by credit card on Mile High Moments
Members: $20.00 for the first submission; $5.00 for all other submissionsNon-members: $30.00 for the first submission; $7.50 for all other submissions
1. Original Paintings (Watercolor, Oil, Acrylic, Water media, Pastel, Color Pencils, Inks, Etchings, Mixed Media Collage, etc.)2. Photography (all types of photography mediums)
3. 3-Dimensional Objects (sculpture, pottery/ceramics, woodworking, stone carving, mixed-media objects, mosaics, fiber arts, tilework, glass art, etc.)
4. Jewelry (100% handcrafted, metal, minerals, gems, beads, polymer clay, leather)
All submissions will be juried and either accepted or not accepted into the Gallery Show for final judging. Members are not guaranteed one acceptance to this show.
Prints of original paintings, giclees and other printed items such as tote bags, pouches, towels, etc. should not be entered.
1. Submissions must be entered online using the ArtCall.org website.
2. All art must be for sale and have been created in the last 3 years.
3. Artwork accepted into previous 2023 Mountain Artists Guild shows is not eligible for submission.
4. Artwork, in whole or in part, must be created solely by the artist.
5. Artwork, in whole or in part, must not infringe on any copyright.
6. Paintings or photographs of nudes or work inappropriate for family viewing will not be accepted.
7. Price your work to reflect the Guild's commission: Members- 25%; Non-members - 40%
8. The minimum canvas or frame size for paintings or photographs is 11 by 14 inches; the maximum canvas or paper size is 36 by 48 inches. Heavy sculptures and other heavy 3-dimensional objects must be easily movable by members and be standalone (not on a wall).
9. Paintings and photographs may be framed or unframed provided unframed images are on gallery wrapped canvas a minimum of 3/4" thick or on metal. Canvas 1/2" or less must be framed. Please review our Gallery Standards here: Gallery Standards
10. Once the awards have been announced, accepted entries will be on display in the Web Gallery for 3 months. Artists who enter this show are responsible for handling (packaging) and shipping of items sold online. Artists in the Web Gallery show must inform the Guild if they sell their work so that the Web Gallery is kept up-to-date.
1. Images of artwork should have no background/frame visible; artwork under glass should show no reflections, and be in the appropriate orientation.
2. Images must represent the work accurately.
3. You may submit more than one image of paintings, photographs, 3-dimensional objects and jewelry to show different sides of the item or close-up detail. DO NOT SUBMIT different artwork in individual entries only photos for one piece.
4. If photographing 3-dimensional objects or jewelry, place them on either a white or black non-textured background.
5. Images should be in JPG, PNG or PDF file format.
6. The maximum file size for uploading is 4MB. If your image file size is greater than this, use a photo or image editing program to reduce the size of the image before uploading.
7. Mountain Artists Guild reserves the right to reject artwork that is not photographed correctly and reflects poorly on the artist and the Guild.
Register Online at ArtCall.org - Need Help - see our Art Call Step-by-Step instructions
1. If you do not have an account on ArtCall.org, register and apply online: Ignore the request to create a portfolio web site should that message appear. Simply click on the ‘x’ in the top right of that screen to close it or click on ‘No thanks’.
2. If you already have an account, sign on with your user name and password. If you forgot your password, request a new one.
3. Provide the details requested to set up an account.
4. Click on ‘Add new submission’ to pay by credit card. Decide on how many submissions you will enter before you pay. NOTE: No refunds will be made if you pay for more submissions than you use.
5. NOTE: If you want to add additional submissions after you paid for a specific number:
Enter your account again and click on ‘Add new submission’.
Make sure you select how many new submissions you want to pay for in the ‘Pay for how many’ box.
Click on Member or Non-member. You will not be charged the original entry fee again even though it looks like you will be. The system automatically calculates what you owe for the additional submissions.
Select the credit/debit card you wish to use and click on ‘Submit payment charge’. NOTE: No refunds will be made if you pay for more submissions than you use.
Terms and Conditions
Read the Terms and Conditions on the ArtCall.org website for this competition.
Awards Ceremony & Reception January 12, 2024 - 5pm - 7pm at the Guild Main Gallery - Cash/non-cash awards at 6:00pmGallery Pick-up Deadline:February 25- 12:00pm - 4:00pmFebruary 26 - 9:00am - 12:00pmLocation of Show and Other InformationOnline for 3 months after awards announced Mountain Artists Guild Gallery – January 10 through February 24, 2024 at 228 N. Alarcon St., Prescott, AZ 86301
If you have questions about this competition, contact: email@example.com or call 928-445-2510.
Members Only: If you need help with submitting or photographing your work, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 928-445-2510.