|Entry Dates||2019-11-22T17:00:00 - 2019-08-01T09:00:00 61 Days Left|
National Juried Exhibition
If you have entered a previous show on the ArtCall.org site, click on the "login" button, above, to log in to your account and you will be taken to the page that says "update user profile for this call" - check that your phone number is correct and then pay the $35 fee. Boxes will then pop up saying "Payment successful, a payment receipt was emailed to you" and "Registration successful, a confirmation was emailed to you. You may now submit your submissions." You will then be able to click on the orange "+ Add new submissions" button and upload your images. Be sure to check your spam folder for the confirmation emails. Before logging in, please scroll down to read full show prospectus, terms and conditions.
If this is your first time entering a show using this site, please view the tutorial at the very botton of this page. Click on the "start" button to start the video and then click on the "full screen" square icon in the lower right corner to enlarge the video. Per the video, you will be clicking on the "register" button, above, you will fill out your info to register and pay the $35 fee, and then you will be taken to a page where you may submit up to two images.
National Juried Exhibition
January 6 – Feb 8, 2020
Deadline to enter 5 pm Friday November 22, 2019
Juried by Gavin Glakas
When viewed through a kaleidoscope, the world alters and beautifully distorts reality through its lens. Gallery Clarendon seeks art which challenges the viewer to see the world through a different lens; art which challenges perceptions, depicts alternate viewpoints and reality or simply shows the beauty in seeing things from a different angle. Artists will be asked to submit a statement with their work explaining how it fits the theme.
IF YOU ARE ENTERING THIS SHOW - PLEASE BE CERTAIN THAT YOUR WORK WILL BE AVAILABLE IF ACCEPTED - NOT IN ANY CURRENT ART SHOW OR ANY ONLINE OR OTHER VENUE WHERE IT MAY SELL OR OTHERWISE BE UNAVAILABLE. IF YOU PLAN TO SHIP YOUR WORK, BE SURE YOU HAVE RESEARCHED THE COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH SHIPPING BEFORE ENTERING. REMEMBER THAT IF YOUR WORK IS ACCEPTED AND YOU THEN DO NOT EXHIBIT, YOU ARE POTENTIALLY TAKING AWAY AN OPPORTUNITY FOR ANOTHER ARTIST TO BE ACCEPTED.
R E Q U I R E M E N T S:
All media accepted.
Digital Entries accepted online only at:
Entry fee: $35 for up to 2 digital Images – jpeg format only, 72 or 300 dpi, not larger than 1,000 pixels on longest side. Entry fee is NON-REFUNDABLE. By applying to the show, artist acknowledges that fee is nonrefundable. Before entering, artists should ensure that work is available to exhibit during the dates of the show (remove work from all shows, galleries and online sales sites).
C A L E N D A R:
Entry Deadline...................................5PM, Friday, November 22, 2019
Notifications to artists........................By Friday, November 29, 2019
Receiving..........................................12pm-2pm, Sunday, January 5, 2020 (Work may be shipped/delivered early)
Exhibit opens.....................................Monday, January 6, 2020
Reception, Awards Ceremony...........5pm to 7pm, Friday, January 10, 2020
Exhibition closes................................7pm, Saturday, February 8, 2020
Artists pick up work...........................12pm to 5pm, Sunday, February 9, 2020
Work shipped back to artists.............Week of February 10, 2020
T E R M S A N D C O N D I T I O N S:
1. A maximum of two entries per artist is permitted ($35 for up to two). Entry fee of $35 is not refundable for any reason.
2. One image (jpeg) per submission.
3. Any work previously accepted into an Arlington Artists Alliance juried show (includes Gallery Underground shows) will not be accepted.
4. All Works must be original, entirely the work of the Artist, and not based on or incorporating copyrighted work by another artist or photographer. This also applies to computer-generated and digital work.
5. No giclees, prints or other reproductions except photography and hand-pulled works will be accepted.
6. Two-dimensional work may not exceed 60 inches high and 48 inches wide nor weigh more than 50 lbs. 3D work may not exceed 6 feet on its longest side, and must weigh less than 75 lbs.
7. By entering artwork(s) in this show, Artist agrees that these works are currently available - not currently in any other show, on any online or other sales venues or otherwise unavailable to deliver to show if accepted. Artist agrees that any accepted work will be available to deliver by deadline specified and will be removed from any online sales venue until close of show.
8. Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work, alter a work, change the sales price, or withdraw or remove a work after it has been accepted.
9. All work must be for sale, priced at $100 and up. No work accepted and hung in show may be removed by artist until close of show. Work is considered consigned to Gallery Clarendon, who will be the exclusive seller of the work for the duration of the show.
10. All two-dimensional works on paper must be matted under glass or plexiglass.
11. Photographs printed on stretched canvas will not be accepted. Photographs framed under glass or plexiglass must be matted. Photos mounted on metal and photos under glass without a frame are acceptable and do not need a mat, as long as the backs are wired for hanging. Photographs should be signed, either on the mat or on the photo. Please email curators if you have any other method of displaying photography.
12. Works on gallery-wrapped canvas must have sides painted with no staples showing.
13. All work must be ready for presentation with the appropriate framing. Framing standards will be sent upon acceptance of your work. Work not meeting these framing standards will not be hung.
14. Gallery Clarendon reserves the right to refuse any entry which does not match the images submitted or meet the criteria enumerated here. $35 entry fee is not refundable in the event work is rejected for not meeting these criteria.
A C C E P T E D W O R K S:
Artworks will be hand delivered on Sunday, January 5th, 2020 between 12PM and 5PM. Shipped works must be received by 11AM Monday January 6th 2020. Any work not received by 11AM on Monday, January 6th 2020 will not be hung. Any work not picked up within 30 days from date of pickup (Tuesday, March 10, 2020) will become property of Gallery Clarendon.
N O T I F I C A T I ON:
Notification of accepted or non-accepted work will be via email as early as possible after deadline, but no later than Friday, November 29, 2019.
S A L E S:
Sales will be promoted. All work must be for sale, priced at $100 and up. Gallery Clarendon will retain a 30% commission on all sales (20% for current Arlington Artists Alliance members).
P U B L I C I T Y D I S C L A I M E R:
Gallery Clarendon reserves the right to use entry photographs for purposes of publicity, documentation and promotion..
L E G A L A G R E E M E N T:
Submission of entry constitutes an agreement on the part of the artist to comply with all of the conditions and terms contained in this prospectus. No work accepted into this agreement may be withdrawn prior to the close of the exhibition. All decisions of the Juror are final. REFUNDS WILL NOT BE GRANTED TO APPLICANTS WHO ARE NOT IN COMPLIANCE WITH THIS AGREEMENT.
A B O U T T H E J U R O R:
Gavin Glakas is an award-winning artist whose work hangs in the permanent collections of the US Capitol, the Virginia State Capitol, universities, museums and private collections around the world. He is represented by Principle Gallery in Alexandria, VA, and Charleston, SC, Hubert Gallery in New York, and Palm Avenue Fine Art in Sarasota, FL. Glakas teaches painting and drawing at the Yellow Barn Studio in Glen Echo, MD, and lives in McLean, VA, with his wife and two sons.
Curators: Sandi Parker and Steena Fullmer
First time using this site? View the tutorial, below: Click on the "start" button to start the video and then click on the "full screen" square icon in the lower right corner to enlarge the video.