|Entry Dates||2024-01-15T12:00:00+00:00 - 2023-09-15T09:00:00+00:00 48 Days Left|
Current Threads 2024
This call is for members of the Surface Design Association in British Columbia and Yukon only.
Current Threads 2024 will take place in Victoria, BC from March 15, 2024 to May 5, 2024 at the Victoria Arts Council Pat Martin Bates Gallery at 1800 Store Street.
The call opened on September 15, 2023 and closes on January 15, 2024. Entries can be edited right up to the closing date, and the organizers strongly advocate starting the entry early and publishing work in progress images for the curator. Up to 3 final images will be accepted for the one submission.
In conjunction with the exhibition, we are organizing the following:
- Opening reception at VAC on Saturday, March 23, 2024, 3 to 5 pm.
- Artist talks on Friday, March 29 and Friday, April 26
- Invitation to Carol Sabiston, a long time local textile artist, to participate in the exhibition and an In-Conversation event at the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria. (to be confirmed)
- Artist demonstrations and possibly workshops
- Swatch collection from SDA
- In person panels, moderated by Desiree Leal at VAC on May 5, 3 pm.
Works sold will be subject to a 30% commission.
One artwork (including diptychs, installations etc.) per artist will be accepted. 3D works and ceiling-hung works will be accepted. Cards will be accepted and displayed.
The curation of the artworks will be undertaken by Kegan McFadden, the Executive Director of the Victoria Arts Council.
All artworks are to be delivered on March 7th, 2024 to 1800 Store Street, Victoria, BC. (between noon and 4 pm) The installation will take place from March 11 - 14, with the exhibition opening on March 15th.
A sitting schedule will be organized at a later date. Pick up date is May 5 from 5 to 7 pm at 1800 Store Street, Victoria, B.C.