|Entry Dates||2022-07-28T23:59:00 - 2022-06-15T00:01:00 23 Days Left|
BMFA 2022 Juried Photo Show
Welcome to the BMFA 2022 Juried Photo Show overview. We are accepting entries between June 15, 2022 and July 28, 2022. We will be featuring a full online show of the accepted photos based on marks, which you may sell if you wish. We will be hanging a show of the accepted images at 65 Simcoe Street from September 21 to November 5th with a Reception and Critique on October 1st.
1. Open to all Ontario residents.
2. Subject: “Every Picture Tells a Story”. Choose a title with UP TO 6 WORDS. You may manipulate your photo or make a composite of more than one image to represent your story.
3. Images can be taken with any photographic equipment. Photos must have been taken by the entrant.
4. Entrants must own all rights to the work and are responsible for obtaining model releases, when applicable. You may download a form from our website for model releases, which are required if people in the photo are recognizable. This form must be signed and included with your accepted entries, if presented for hanging at 65 Simcoe Street.
5. Images must not have been entered into a previous BMFA competition or show.
6. Digital submissions - digital images, JPEG, JPG or PNG must be submitted online for judging with registration and fees, if applicable, between June 15 and July 28. Max size image of 3 Megs may be uploaded. We suggest an image no smaller than 540 pixels on a side and no larger than 3600 pixels on the longest size.
7. Maximum of 3 entries will be accepted online per entrant. There are 3 categories of entrants, Adults (18+ years of age), Student ( 12 to 18 years of age), Child (8 to 11 years of age). There will be no judging of these entries, they will be presented in the online gallery.
8. To preserve your anonymity with the jurors, the entrant’s name MUST NOT be shown on the digital image.
9. Entrants will be notified of acceptance into the show, based on marks, by email on or before August 21.
1. Adult Non BMFA Member fee per image entry is $ 25.00
2. Adult BMFA Member fee per image entry is $ 20.00. To obtain the 20% discount, please use Promo Code: "MEMBER" when submitting your image prior to entering your credit card information. Please ensure you see the application of the Promo Code and ensure your fee is $ 20.00 before submitting.
3. Student entries are free. To ensure your submission is free please use Promo Code: " STUDENT" when submitting your image . Ensure the Fee is $0.00 and the Credit Card fields are removed before submitting the image.
4. Child entries are free. To To ensure your submission is free please use Promo Code: " CHILD" when submitting your image . Ensure the Fee is $0.00 and the Credit Card fields are removed before submitting the image.
Step 1: Register a User ID and Password, to do this click on "Register and Apply" at the top of the page. Once you register you will receive an email thanking you for registering along with the detail submission instructions.
Step 2: Login using your new User ID and Password at the BMFA 2022 Juried Photo Show site (https://bmfa2022juriedphotoshow.artcall.org) and select Submit and Entry for the Juried Photo Show that will appear in the list on your screen.
The BMFA 2022 Juried Photo Show Committee