|Entry Dates||2022-08-30T17:00:00 - 2022-07-13T17:00:00 15 Days Left|
'Birds of a Feather' - Juried Art Show -
Show Dates September 13 through October 29, 2022
Call Description - For Current Guild Members Only
Open to current members only of Mountain Artists Guild; an online and in-gallery show. If you are not currently a member and would like to participate in this show, please see the following link for information on joining Mountain Artists Guild: Become a Member
NOTE: You MUST enter your art submissions online on at: Birds of a Feather
Ideas for the theme or come up with your own!
SimilaritiesWhere does the expression birds of a feather come from?The expression birds of a feather flock together can be traced to a 1545 work called The Rescuing of Romish Fox, written by William Turner: “Byrdes of on kynde and color flok and flye allwayes together.” Whether the proverb was in common use before this time is unknown.
Online Application Deadline - Please read the application and intake instructions, as they have been updated.
Start anytime and up until 5PM, Tuesday, August 30, 2022
Members: If you need help with submitting or photographing your work, contact: email@example.com or 928-445-2510.
In-take Dates: (You will receive a picktime link in your acceptance notification email. If multiple pieces are accepted, please choose only one intake appointment.)
September 11 - 11:00am to 3:00pmSeptember 12 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
September 16, 2022; 4:00pm Member Meeting, Opening Reception 5:00p.m. - 8:00p.m. at the Guild, 228 N. Alarcon Street, Prescott, AZ 86301
October 30 - 11:00am - 3:00pmOctober 31 - 9:00am - 12:00pm
Location of Show and Other Information
Online for 3 months after awards announced
Mountain Artists Guild Main Gallery– September 13 through October 29, 2022 at 228 N. Alarcon St., Prescott, AZ 86301
Entry Fees - up to 3 submissions per artist
$20.00 for 1 - 3 submissions. Members are guaranteed at least one piece accepted into this show provided it fits within the theme of the show.
1. Original Paintings (water media, Colored pencils and crayons, pastel, oil, acrylic, acrylic inks, mixed media)
2. Photography (all types of photography mediums)
3. 3-Dimensional Objects and 2-Dimensional Non-Print (sculpture, pottery/ceramics, woodworking, stone carving, mixed-media
objects, mosaics, fiber arts, tilework, glass art, etc.)
4. Jewelry (100% handcrafted, metal, minerals, gems, beads, polymer clay, leather)
All submissions will be juried and either accepted or not accepted into the Gallery Show for final judging.
Prints of original paintings and other printed items such as tote bags, pouches, towels, etc. should not be entered. "Gift Shop" items should not be submitted using Art Call - please use the Guild Forms available on our website or at the Gallery.
1. Submissions must be entered online using the the ArtCall.org website.
2. All art must be for sale.
3. Artwork previously accepted into any 2021-2022 Mountain Artists Guild shows is not eligible for submission.
4. Artwork, in whole or in part, must be created solely by the artist.
5. Artwork, in whole or in part, must not infringe on any copyright.
6. Paintings or photographs of nudes or work inappropriate for family viewing may not be accepted.
7. Price your work to reflect the Guild's commission for Members of 25%
8. The maximum canvas or paper size is 36 by 48 inches. Exceptions to sizes may be requested. Heavy sculptures and other heavy 3-dimensional objects must be easily movable by members and be standalone (not on a wall).
9. Paintings and photographs may be framed or unframed provided unframed images on gallery wrapped canvas are minimum of 3/4" thick or on metal. All 2D work 1/2" or less must be framed (excluding metal prints). All 2D and wall art MUST have a wire hanger - no sawtooth or french cleat hanging apparatus will be accepted. Be certain the wire hanger will support your work. See our Gallery Standards here: Gallery Standards
10. Once the awards have been announced, accepted entries will be on display in the Web Gallery for 3 months. Artists who enter this show are responsible for handling (packaging) and shipping of items sold online. Artists in the Web Gallery show must inform the Guild if they sell their work so that the Web Gallery is kept up-to-date.
1. Images of artwork should have no background/frame visible and artwork under glass should show no reflections. It is important to submit quality images of your work.
2. Images must represent the work accurately.
3. You may submit more than one image of paintings, photographs, 3-dimensional objects and jewelry to show different sides of the item or close-up detail. DO NOT SUBMIT different artwork; only photos for one piece.
4. If photographing 3-dimensional objects or jewelry, place them on either a white or black non-textured background.
5. Images should be in JPG, PNG or PDF file format.
6. The maximum file size for uploading is 4MB. If your image file size is greater than this, use a photo or image editing program to reduce the size of the image before uploading. For help resizing and uploading images, visit this video link: https://youtu.be/1cLfrF2x_OA. The video starts with instructions for Macintosh. You can move the slider to the 3:06 minute mark to view the instructions for Windows PC.
7. Mountain Artists Guild reserves the right to reject artwork that is not photographed correctly and reflects poorly on the artist and the Guild.
Register Online at ArtCall.org
1. If you do not have an account on ArtCall.org, register online: Birds of a Feather. Ignore the request to create a portfolio web site should that message appear. Simply click on the ‘x’ in the top right of that screen to close it or click on ‘No thanks’.
2. If you already have an account, sign on with your user name and password.
3. Provide the details requested to set up an account.
4. Click on ‘Add new submission’ to pay by credit card.
Terms and Conditions
Read the Terms and Conditions on the ArtCall.org website for this competition.
If you have questions about this competition, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 928-445-2510.
For help resizing and uploading images, visit this video link: https://youtu.be/1cLfrF2x_OA. The video starts with instructions for Macintosh. You can move the slider to the 3:06 minute mark to view the instructions for Windows PC.