|Entry Dates||2022-08-12T23:59:00 - 2022-04-12T00:00:00 79 Days Left|
We hope you will become an exhibitor at our 6th annual Art Blitz!
Our goal is to draw an audience that will partake in our activities as well as support exhibiting artists. We understand the time commitment and expense of participating and we wish you much exposure and prosperity!
Deadline for Submissions July 25, 20220
Immerse yourself in a world of art-making, with live demos and creative detours for all ages. Roll up your sleeves or just relax and watch. An engaging schedule of demonstrations and hands-on art activities for children and adults will also include live music, food, mini classes, artist booths, an exhibition of artwork from our permanent collection, and fun for all ages.
The 6th annual Art Blitz helps the Art Barn highlight its educational art offerings with participatory activities, an outdoor exhibition of regional art, and collaborations with other arts organizations. The festival is designed to encourage visitors and residents of all ages to actively engage in and view various art activities. The Art Barn offers a beautiful natural setting ideal for outdoor Plein Air painting, and a variety of creative activities. An engaging schedule of demonstrations and hands-on art activities for children and adults will include live music, food, plus an exhibition of visiting artists from the region.
All proceeds generated from this event support Art Barn School of Art educational programs.
We anticipate over 1,000 visitors of all ages will attend.
Location: Art Barn School of Art Campus in Porter County, just 4 miles west of Valparaiso.
Festival Dates: September 17 & 18, 2022
Times: 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Admission/Gate Fee: Free
Activity tickets are available for purchase at entrance
ONGOING INTERACTIVE ART ACTIVITIES FOR FAMILIES:
Interact with local artists as they demonstrate their process.
Collaborate by adding to our mural.
Peruse works from our permanent collection.
Improvise in the Instrument Petting Zoo with Quinlan & Fabish Music Company.
Witness the process of weaving - from raw fiber to woven pieces.
Visit our beautiful gardens & cut some sunflowers to take home.
Enjoy live performances by local talent all weekend long.
Scheduled activities include:
(times will be published just prior to the event)
Participate in a variety of free mini-classes inside the barn.
Experiment with clay in our new Ceramic Arts Studio.
Hand & arm painting for kids.
Participate in a drawing for artistic items and creative fun.
Sample culinary delights
Important Information for Exhibitors:
The festival is open to artists 18 years of age and up and living in the United States.
All entries must be of original design and personal execution
All booth commitments/payments must be received by August 12, 2022.
Exhibitors are encouraged to demonstrate their art or craft at their booth and actively engage with visitors about their process and materials. We offer a discounted rate for those that commit to doing so for the weekend.
We have space for 50 booths. Exhibitors who are placed on the waitlist will be notified as openings become available.
Demonstrating artists will be required to outline how they will engage with visitors while showing their process and materials.
• 2-Dimensional Art (painting, drawing, printmaking, pastels, mixed-media)
• Fine Craft (functional, clay/ceramics, glass, wood, metal, fiber/textile/paper)
• Photography (traditional & digital techniques)
• Sculptural Objects (non-functional, all media)
• Wearable Art (wearable & accessories)
Art Barn reserves the right to move artists to a more appropriate category at its discretion.
Booth Commitment Requirements:
Exhibitors must submit:
Three images representing the work you will be selling. Please choose high quality images for marketing purposes. For tips on photographing your work for use in an online call visit https://artcall.org/pages/tips-for-photographing-artwork-for-digital-submissions.
A brief (20 words or less) statement about your work, including a short description of your medium and process.
Booth Payments begin August 1 and are DUE NO LATER THAN August 12, 2021
Your booth space will not be secured until your registration and payment are received.
Exhibitors may also send a check made payable to Art Barn School of Art, or call 219-462-9009.
If paying by check, please mail payment to:
Art Barn School of Art
Art Blitz Booths
695 N 400 E
Valparaiso, IN 46383
Amenities for Exhibitors:
Drop off at booth
Parking - Designated parking areas for exhibitors are nearby.
Indoor restrooms will be accessible during setup and festival hours, in addition to portable restrooms outside.
Security - Off-duty police officers will be onsite both Friday and Saturday nights.
Volunteers are available to watch your booth should you need a break.
Beverages (water & soft drinks) available just outside the front entrance of the barn
Golf Cart available to transport visitors and artists needing assistance.
These Art Blitz (AB) Exhibition Rules are a part of the 2022 Legal Agreement. As part of the Agreement with Art Barn School of Art (ABSA), Exhibitor agrees as follows:
1. The Exhibitor must be present to exhibit and manage all displays during Art Blitz from 11:00AM to 5:00PM both Saturday and Sunday, rain or shine. The Exhibitor is limited to the booth space(s) assigned; booth spaces are non-transferable. Any exhibitor who has not been accepted, invited, or has not paid booth fees, will not be allowed to exhibit.
2. All work must be original art, conceived and executed solely by the artist.
3. Exhibitors will supply their own tent with stakes and/or substantial weights, booth display(s), and furniture.
4. Wi-Fi will not be provided. Exhibitors must connect to their own cellular data/hot spot.
5. All Exhibitors must conduct themselves and their transactions in a professional manner.
6. All work must be for sale with prices clearly displayed.
7. All sales will be conducted between the Exhibitor and the purchaser.
8. The Exhibitor must comply with all State of Indiana tax regulations and must collect and remit to the Indiana Department of Revenue all appropriate taxes. ABSA has no responsibility regarding sales of the Exhibitor’s work.
9. Art Barn retains the right to expel any Exhibitor if they fail to comply with these Exhibition Rules.
10. Though we love animals, no free-running, leashed or caged animals will be allowed on the grounds with the exception of certified service animals.
11. The Exhibitor, upon acceptance of the Art Barn invitation to exhibit work at Art Blitz commits to be present and exhibit. Withdrawals made prior to August 12, 2022 are eligible for a refund of booth fees paid less a $20 processing fee. Withdrawals between August 13 and August 31, 2022 will be eligible for a 50% refund of booth fees paid less a $20 processing fee.
No booth fees will be refunded for withdrawals/cancellation made on or after September 1, 2022.
12. The Exhibitor consents to, and authorizes the use of, any and all images of the Exhibitors work in promotional literature and/or other promotional endeavors by ABSA, AB, its officers, directors, and agents. Said images may be used for no payment in any fashion at the sole and exclusive discretion of ABSA or AB. Such uses may include, but are not limited to print advertisements, marketing materials, billboards, television and radio advertising, and interactive media including but not limited to web media, social media, and electronic media. This agreement will be in effect through the following year's AB.
13. The Exhibitor releases Art Barn School of Art (ABSA), its staff and its volunteers for any and all liability for damage to or destruction of the Exhibitor’s artwork, equipment, supplies, displays or other property and; the Exhibitor agrees to, and does hereby, agree that she/he will not hold ABSA, its staff, or its volunteers responsible for accidental loss or damage of any kind.
14. By submitting this form, the Exhibitor acknowledges that: I have read and understand the rules and procedures for AB; I agree to abide by the rules, policies, guidelines, and these Exhibition Rules as part of my legal agreement with ABSA and I understand that failure to follow these rules and regulations may result in my expulsion from the 2022 AB/or future fairs organized by ABSA; I understand that I will be held liable for any damages I inflict on festival grounds.
Booth Fee Options:
Each exhibitor will be assigned a single 12’x12’ booth space, suitable for a 10’x10’ tent.
A single booth space fee is $150
A single booth space fee for a demonstrating artist is $100
A double booth space fee is $300
A double booth space fee for a demonstrating artist is $200
Booth Payment Deadline: August 12, 2022
Withdrawals made prior to August 12, 2022 are eligible for a refund of booth fees paid less a $20 processing fee.
Withdrawals between August 13 and August 31, 2022 will be eligible for a 50% refund of booth fees paid less a $20 processing fee.
No booth fees will be refunded for withdrawals/cancellation made on or after September 1, 2022.
About Art Barn School of Art
The Art Barn fosters art education and cultural access for residents, businesses, and partners in the community. The mission of the Art Barn School of Art is to provide quality art education programs for all ages in a supportive, creative environment in order to enrich the quality of life in the region. Our vision is to be a recognized forum for the arts in a collaborative, community-based setting which provides an idyllic and supportive place for exploration, growth, inspiration and development of artistic endeavors. Visit artbarnschool.org
Activities are made possible in part by the Indiana Arts Commission, a state agency, and the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency.
User Entry Process Tutorial
You can leave this video on your call site's homepage (or embed it on any page) for a quick tutorial your users can watch to help them with the submission process.