|Entry Dates||7/12/20, 11:59 PM - 6/10/20, 12:00 AM 30 Days Left|
--Non US State-- 08003 Spain
Submit your proposal for a chance to:
1. Get featured in Vol. 2 of our magazine
2. Participate in an auction at Liveauctioneers.com
3. Exhibit your work at an art gallery in Barcelona
4. Get a free online session with an Art Professional to receive feedback on your proposal
* Artists of any nationality and age, evidencing a committed artistic career are welcome to submit their work.?
* All forms of two-dimensional and three-dimensional work in any medium are welcome, such as: painting, drawing, illustration, collage, street art, digital, printmaking, fibre, photography, installation and sculpture. There are no restrictions on the dimensions of work submitted.?
PORTRAYALS OF FLESH is a thematic open call focused on the celebration of the body in its most honest form. This multifaceted group exhibition takes its cues from both the classic and contemporary styles of portraiture. We invite literal and abstract interpretations of portraits, which will create a nuanced interrogation of our perceptions of beauty. We want to see your journey of stepping outside the perceived notions of what beauty is, into what beauty can potentially be, though each artist's chosen medium.
* The selection process will consist of three rounds of screening, the results of which will be notified to all candidates.?
* The second round of screening will result in the shortlist of artists who will be featured in Vol. 2 of RICE Magazine. All shortlisted artists will also be able to submit 5 to 10 artworks to be auctioned in partnership with liveauctioneers.com.?
* The third round of screening will decide on the list of artists who will participate in a two-week-long exhibit at MUTUO art gallery in Barcelona, Spain, in November 2020.?
* In accordance with our Open Call Quota System, at least 70% of selected artists will be women or members of the LGTBQ community or racialized persons, and 30% of selected artists will be cisgender males. (Read more on why we are doing this in our website). Our last open call received less than 5% of proposals from the latter group of artists, hopefully, this time we’ll receive more proposals from them.?
* All artists with unsuccessful proposals will get a free 10-minute online session (via Zoom or Skype) with one of the renowned Artist Coaches and Consultants who we’ve partnered with or our new Feedback Program, to receive career-focused feedback on their proposals and constructive advice of improvement for the future.?
* Through our website: https://www.rice-initiative.com/apply
* Participation fees start at 12€