|Entry Dates||2022-07-19T22:00:00 - 2022-06-01T01:00:00 14 Days Left|
CALL FOR ENTRIES
2022 Colorado People, Places and Things Exhibition
September 2, to October 26, 2022.
Gilpin county Art Association Historic Gallery
117 Eureka Street
Central City, CO 80427
This exhibit is open to all Colorado Residents 18 years of age or older, residing in Colorado. CWS members who have moved out of state and maintain membership may enter.
• This show will have a theme of Colorado People, Places and Things. Each painting will need to be in accordance with this theme.
• Painting must be predominantly watermedia (watercolor, acrylic, gouache, casein and tempera) on paper, synthetic paper, yupo, or watercolor paper on an aluminum or wood panel. Paintings must have been completed within the last two years starting from January 1, 2020 to present , and not previously shown in a juried or non-juried show in a Colorado Watercolor exhibit.
• Painting must be artist’s original work only. No copies or likenesses of another artist’s work. No copies or partial copies of any published source whether copyrighted or not copyrighted. No copies of any published material from the internet, videos, magazines, or newspapers. Your photos must be taken by yourself. No use of other people’s photos, even if given permission. No work done in a class or workshop, or under the direction of anyone but yourself. Any collage material must be produced by yourself. No computer generated or digital art will be accepted. The painting must be painted by one person, yourself. You may be asked to provide your photo if there is any question of originality.
• The Artist’s signature should appear on the front of the painting.
• Registration must be completely filled out. Prices and all information on this registration are considered final and may not be changed after the submission deadline. No exceptions.
• Accepted artwork may not be shown or for sale in another exhibition, virtual or in person, at the same time as this exhibition. Artwork must be on display for the duration of the exhibition.
• Maximum Art size: (not including frame) 22” x 30”. Minimum image size: 80 square inches.
• All works must be delivered framed and ready to hang. Wood or metal gallery quality frames only. No frame moulding over five inches wide. All frames must have hardware with picture wire in place. No sawtooth hangers. All works must be in clean white or off-white mats, if under plexiglass. Colored liners or fillets may not be larger than 1/4”. Paintings not under plexiglass must be sealed with an acrylic based varnish, not matted, and framed the same as an oil painting would be framed. Paintings delivered with chipped, cracked, damaged, dirty or improper presentation will not be hung.
The artist's signature should appear on the front of the painting. CWS reserves the right to refuse any painting that does not comply with the requirements stated in this call for entry or does not match the submitted image. All information provided, including price, is final and may not be changed after the submission deadline. Accepted artwork must be on display for the duration of this exhibit and may not be shown in another exhibit, virtual or in person, during this exhibit. Failure to comply with these rules or meet any requirements in this call for entry may result in disqualification of your entry, ineligibility to enter future CWS exhibits for a minimum of two years and a forfeiture of any award. If you fail to deliver your work, if it is accepted, you will be ineligible to enter future CWS exhibits for a minimum of two years.
jpg files. The resolution must be 300 dpi. Submissions must be under 4mb and a minimum dimension of 540px and a maximum dimension of 1920px on the longest side. ArtCall will permanently resize submissions.
Price is $30 for CWS members + $6 for each additional entry up to 3 total entries and $35 for non-CWS members + $7 for each additional entry up to 3 total entries.
Delivery and Pickup
Instructions for delivery or shipping will be provided with notification of acceptance.
Sales of Artwork
All entries must be for sale. No price changes will be accepted. A 30% commission will be charged by the gallery and 10% by CWS, so the artist receives 60% of the price charged on their sales. Commission checks will be mailed to artists within 45 days of Exhibition Close.
Membership can be renewed at http://www.coloradowatercolorsociety.org.
The following is a quick tutorial explaining how to submit your images to this Exhibit.